When they've gotten to the point at which the lives of our children, children who are in imminent danger is merely a political debate, our leaders and representatives should lose their right to lead.
Just some random bits of information that struck a chord with me:
1. Police came to the Florida shooter's house 39 separate times for domestic abuse calls
2. President Trump repealed Obama's law making it easier for mentally ill people to buy guns
3. The NRA spent more than $50,000,000 on ads during Trump's campaign
4. The shooter bought his gun LEGALLY
5. Trump never mentioned the word "gun" once in his consolation speech
Some specific examples of politicians paid off to turn away when children die from the NY Times.
A more detailed look at NRA funding and political influence from Open Secrets.
If we sought real justice, the politicians who allowed these slack gun laws, unlike almost all other civilized nation on earth, would be prosecuted and jailed as if they were the shooters. At the very least we can take away their source of revenue, bribery.
One particular student eloquently and passionately spoke out. Her words have gone viral.
The anger of these students over a completely failed federal and local policy on the sale of firearms has reached a critical mass. Is the American will finally strong enough to do something about this mass terror reigned down on our students?